A New Year has different meanings for different people. It’s an occasion of joy, celebration, and reflection. It gives us hope for the future as well as nervousness.
There can be 7 possible meanings of a new year :
- I am 1 year older – so I have 1 year less to live. And 1 year less to give. So, give more.
- Did I bring a smile ? – this question matters more than material gains.
- The old values I cherish – it’s time to reaffirm and continue.
- Some new experiences – try something new, you will learn from it.
- How am I feeling ? – assess how you are feeling about yourself, you need to feel good about your goodness, have faith in yourself, be positive.
- My fears – think over your fears, are you clinging too much to those things ? Attachments cause fears.
- Having fun – life is a celebration, am I enjoying the present moment ?
We continuously reassess ourselves on these 7 points. A new year amplifies this internal reflection. We reflect to grow. To grow our humanity. As a living being, humanity is our core. We need to feel how much we are connecting to our core. This connection is our wholesomeness. A feeling of a whole within ourselves.
– Sir Dr. Huz